I know most people who have a blog use it to tell you all about their favorite things and what they love (and yes I do that too) but today I am switching it up and asking for help because I need it! I have never been the kind of chick to wear a lot of makeup or use skincare products- My version of washing my face was in the shower- but as I am getting older I've noticed my skin isn't playing nice like it use to (rude). While my daily Vital Proteins collagen has def helped with my overall skin look and feel, I am still having breakouts and bad pimples (yay adult acne! ugh haha). I have started to try to be more adultish and not so lazy and have a nighttime skincare routine but so far, nothing is really working like it should... so I am asking you for help to let me know what you have found that works for you! Would especially love input from all you workout babes about what you use post workout to help make sure your face feels fresh and blemish free! Thanks in advance! :)
Since today is the last day of the LA ClassPass Challenge, thought I would share my thoughts about it and what the past 5 weeks have taught me. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I workout daily so when I first heard of the challenge, I thought no-biggie- I can totally crush this! For those who don't know, the challenge was to complete at least five classes of different types: Cycling/Spinning, Yoga, Pilates, Strength Training and then a wildcard (choose your own adventure) class. You can find all the info here. Being the overachiever that I am, I completed the strength training (Sweat City, HITT Circuit Training Venice, Aerial Warehouse, Training Mate, and Basecamp SaMo and WeHo) and spinning classes (FlyWheel and Cycle House) right away! (I didn't realize how many strength training classes I do in a month until I had to start tracking them for the challenge)... The next class for the challenge was the one that impacted me the most. ClassPass reached out to me and asked me to takeover their Instagram stories for they day to show what a day in the life of someone completing the challenge is like. I was seriously so excited for this because it was such a great opportunity not only to reach out to others, but it was a chance to share and talk about my love of ClassPass and help give advice to others... What I didn't think about was the fact that I would have to record myself talking about it. Selfies I can do all day, but the second I have to record myself I get nervous and overthink and overanalyze everything! But in the spirit of the ClassPass Challenge, I sucked it up and stepped out of my comfort zone and did it! I chose to make my Wildcard Class be Boxing at BoxUnion (It was also my 250th ClassPass class!). I used the instagram takeover as a way to show their followers what it's like to take a boxing class, the essentials, and then talked about why no one should be scared or worried to go try a new class because I do classes all the time by myself, always have fun and still end up a hot sweaty mess... I also included a little car dance session because lets be honest, I'm a dork like that haha. I am so glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone and do the takeover because it gave me the confidence that if I can do, I can do a lot more than I think I can... So with that mindset, decided to cross of another class type for the challenge and take a pilates class at a new studio (Studio MDR)! I have never done Lagree method Pilates before but holy shiz, it was a major booty kicking! I was literally dripping sweat within 5 minutes (4 days later and my abs are still hurting haha). I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to do it because I seriously loved it! Not my usual type of class I would do but it is now definitely going to be a part of my routine! The last class I needed to take was Yoga so hit up Playlist Yoga for an early morning class. Again, this was a new thing for me because even though I have been to Playlist before, it was the first time I took a Yoga class in the morning (I usually do cardio or strength training in the morning and save yoga for the evening as a way to wind down). Turns out switching my routine up with the morning yoga class meant that I was more zen and calm throughout the day- something I have never experienced since I am usually a hot sweaty mess in the morning after a workout and stressed about getting to work. I will def be adding morning yoga into my routine now too!
Overall I did 5 strength training classes, 2 spinning, 1 pilates, 1 yoga and 1 wildcard (Boxing)!
Thanks ClassPass for having such a great and motivating challenge! Cant wait for the next one!
If you have ever wanted to try ClassPass, Check them out here (you'll get $30 off your first month on a 5-class or 10-class plan)!
I survived my FIRST Whole 30!!!!
Guys, I never thought I would be able to do Whole 30- Sure the alcohol, gluten and dairy was fine but man do I have the biggest sweet tooth (My first word was "cookie"). But because I am trying to embrace this healthy lifestyle, I thought it would be worth a shot to break the addiction so Whole 30 called my name. There are tons of blogs, websites, and accounts for Whole 30- all of which give great information on the program and what it means. I will give you the cliff note versions:
I wanted to share my tips and tricks for how I survived in case you're looking to do it too!
1. Mott's unsweetened Applesauce will be your new BFF for sugar cravings! At 50 calories a cup, it gets rid of the craving without making you feel guilty! (They are like 3 6-packs for $5 at Target!). I highly recommend keeping them on hand if a craving hits you!
2. Coffee! Not being able to have my usual cup of coffee was the biggest issue on Whole 30! I love the sound sugar makes when being stirred in the bottom of a glass mug (I know, I'm weird). Because you cant have sugar or dairy, it took a few weeks for me to find a coffee combo that worked for me... Califia unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides! The almond milk makes it creamy and the collagen peptides not only add sweetness but also all the benefits of collagen! (I'm gonna do another blog post later about why I love Vital Proteins so much).
3. Model Meals: Guys, Model Meals was the True MVP for me during W30! They are a CA based food delivery company that cooks and delivers Whole 30 approved meals right to your doorstep! It takes away the hassle and stress of cooking! I had Model Meals for lunch every day during Whole 30 and not only was it delicious, but also kept me full! They serve both NorCal and SoCal so def check them out! (Click the link and you will get $25 off your first order!)
4. Milk and Eggs: For the few meals I did cook at home, Milk and Eggs delivery came in clutch! They are a Los Angeles based company that delivers fresh produce, dairy and food right to your doorstep! I would order Vital Farm Eggs, Veggies, and my Califia almond milk from them! You wont regret it!
(Click the link above for 40% off your first order!)
5. Friends and family: You need to make sure your friends and family know that you're doing Whole 30, because there are gonna be times when you need support and times that you're gonna need them to tackle you while you stand in line for churros at Disneyland! The more support you have, the more likely you will succeed!
Those are my 5 main tips and tricks for Whole 30! If you have completed it, share your tips below!
Here are some pics from my September Whole 30!