A few months ago I posted a desperate plea for skincare tips since my face looked worse than a hormonal teenager after eating pizza. Being the lazy person that I am, I needed to find a routine that I could actually do every day and not feel overwhelmed by...After a couple months of playing around with lots of your recommendations, I FINALLY found a routine that works for me... and then halfway fell of the wagon of keeping up with it because I got stressed with life... So in the spirit of it almost being the New Year and everyone coming up with their resolutions, I am sharing my 5 skincare resolutions that I want to stick to so I dont end up having to do another desperate plea for help (or spend thousands on concealer)!
1. Keep up with my daily skincare routine: A LOT of you fitness babes told me to try FRÉ because it’s made for chicks who sweat and seeing how I look like I took part in the ice bucket challenge every time I workout, I definitely wanted to try it… And after a month of using it, let me tell you, this stuff works! Not only did it help clear up my skin, but I love how EASY it is to use… Real talk, I have done the three-step routine in my car on my way to work- that’s how easy it is! And a little product goes a long way! (If you want to try it, head to their website and use code LAURENLIVES for 25% off… you’re welcome haha)
2. TAKE OFF MY MAKEUP AND CLEAN MY FACE AT NIGHT: I know this is the cardinal rule of skincare but sometimes I'm lazy and forget or just don't do it... I need to get better at this since it really isn’t that difficult... Thinking of keeping make up remover wipes in my car so I can take off my makeup on my way home from work since I would either not need it anymore once I get home or would reapply if I was going out again...
3. Exfoliate and do a mask twice a week (or more if I need it): Not only will my skin love me for this but I feel I can also take the time to relax while doing it instead of trying to multitask while not being able to move my face.
4. Wear Sunscreen and Moisturizer daily! I know this should be a given but I usually forget to wear sunscreen if I am not going to be directly in the sun; I usually rely on my tinted moisturizer that is only SPF 25 but I know I need something better, especially since I don't reapply my tinted moisturizer every few hours. As for moisturizer, I finally have become my grandma and am using La Mer since there really is nothing better... I just have to get better at using it daily so I can reap the benefits (and to get my moneys worth because it is not cheap).
5. Start using eye-cream at night! I am adding this one because every time I get my makeup done for an event, the makeup artist comments about how the area around my eyes are and I'm tired of being judged about it haha.
I think I have all the major areas covered... What are your skincare resolutions?