I survived my FIRST Whole 30!!!!
Guys, I never thought I would be able to do Whole 30- Sure the alcohol, gluten and dairy was fine but man do I have the biggest sweet tooth (My first word was "cookie"). But because I am trying to embrace this healthy lifestyle, I thought it would be worth a shot to break the addiction so Whole 30 called my name. There are tons of blogs, websites, and accounts for Whole 30- all of which give great information on the program and what it means. I will give you the cliff note versions:
I wanted to share my tips and tricks for how I survived in case you're looking to do it too!
1. Mott's unsweetened Applesauce will be your new BFF for sugar cravings! At 50 calories a cup, it gets rid of the craving without making you feel guilty! (They are like 3 6-packs for $5 at Target!). I highly recommend keeping them on hand if a craving hits you!
2. Coffee! Not being able to have my usual cup of coffee was the biggest issue on Whole 30! I love the sound sugar makes when being stirred in the bottom of a glass mug (I know, I'm weird). Because you cant have sugar or dairy, it took a few weeks for me to find a coffee combo that worked for me... Califia unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides! The almond milk makes it creamy and the collagen peptides not only add sweetness but also all the benefits of collagen! (I'm gonna do another blog post later about why I love Vital Proteins so much).
3. Model Meals: Guys, Model Meals was the True MVP for me during W30! They are a CA based food delivery company that cooks and delivers Whole 30 approved meals right to your doorstep! It takes away the hassle and stress of cooking! I had Model Meals for lunch every day during Whole 30 and not only was it delicious, but also kept me full! They serve both NorCal and SoCal so def check them out! (Click the link and you will get $25 off your first order!)
4. Milk and Eggs: For the few meals I did cook at home, Milk and Eggs delivery came in clutch! They are a Los Angeles based company that delivers fresh produce, dairy and food right to your doorstep! I would order Vital Farm Eggs, Veggies, and my Califia almond milk from them! You wont regret it!
(Click the link above for 40% off your first order!)
5. Friends and family: You need to make sure your friends and family know that you're doing Whole 30, because there are gonna be times when you need support and times that you're gonna need them to tackle you while you stand in line for churros at Disneyland! The more support you have, the more likely you will succeed!
Those are my 5 main tips and tricks for Whole 30! If you have completed it, share your tips below!
Here are some pics from my September Whole 30!